Multilayer circuit boards at Newbury Electronics
At Newbury Electronics, we hold stocks of a wide variety of rigid and pre-preg materials for the construction of bespoke multilayer PCB builds. We recommend that you consider using the multilayer constructions shown below, which are our builds for 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12-layer multilayer PCBs.
<pstyle=”padding:10px 0″>If you have a specific set of requirements, we are happy to provide you with a quote.
The benefits of our multilayer printed circuit boards are:
- Economy by use of standard stock materials
- Uniform spacing between layers
- Adequate insulation gaps in the “Z” axis to ensure that copper tracking remains isolated between layers after pressing
- Symmetry to avoid bow and twist
- Higher assembly density
- Smaller in size to save on space
- Better connectivity, functionality and speed than single-sided circuit boards
Our multilayer circuit board features
Our multilayer PCB manufacturing process benefits from the following features:
- Press platens are heated by means of circulated “hot-oil”, ensuring no localised hot-spots in the bonding process and minimising the risk of bow and warpage.
- Lamination under vacuum eliminates air-entrapment
- X-ray drilled PTH holes ensuring optimum registration of drilled holes to copper lands
- Welded “inner-layer” books to eliminate lateral movement of inner layers during the press cycle and to maintain optimum registration of inner layers
- Digital printing of inner layer pairs with integrated side-to-side line-up to printed tooling targets ensuring optimum registration
- Automatic optical inspection
- 100% electrical test
- Test coupons and micro-sections
- Non-destructive plating copper thickness measurement
All copper, solder resist and component ident layers are printed digitally (without photography) with line up machine controlled to fiducial markers, achieving exceptional registration standards.