We hold stocks of a wide variety of rigid and pre-preg materials sufficient to construct all manner of bespoke multi-layer builds. We are happy to quote.
However, we recommend that you consider using the builds shown below, being our standard multi-layer constructions for 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 layer multi-layer PCBs.
The benefits of these builds are:
- economy by use of standard stock materials
- uniform spacing between layers
- adequate insulation gaps in the “Z” axis to ensure that copper tracking remains isolated between layers after pressing
- symmetry to avoid bow and twist
Our multi-layer production process benefits from the following features:
- Press platens are heated by means of circulated “hot-oil” ensuring no localised hot-spots in the bonding process minimising the risk of bow and warpage.
- Lamination under vacuum eliminating air-entrapment
- X-ray drilled PTH holes ensuring optimum registration of drilled holes to copper lands
- Welded “inner-layer” books to eliminate lateral movement of inner layers during the press cycle and to maintain optimum registration of inner layers
- Digital printing of inner layer pairs with integrated side to side line up to printed tooling targets ensuring optimum registration
- Automatic optical inspection
- 100% electrical test
- Test coupons and micro-sections
- Non-destructive plating copper thickness measurement
All copper, solder resist and component ident layers are printed digitally (without photography) with line up machine controlled to fiducial markers achieving exceptional standards of registration.